Office of the Registrar
The registrar's office is located in the Boro Hall at 2 Main Street.
Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM
Closed for holidays and emergencies.
Antoinette Smith, RMC, CMR
Melissa Morales, CMR
Duties of the Municipal Registrar
The Registrar of Vital Statistics is responsible for registering all births, marriages, deaths, domestic partnerships and civil unions that occur within the Borough of Sussex.
To obtain certified copies, you may mail your request form or call the office to make arrangements to pick up a copy in person. The fee for certified copies is $10.00. Please make check or money order payable to the “Borough of Sussex”. Mail the request form, a copy of your ID and a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Registrar of Vital Statistics
2 Main Street
Sussex, NJ 07461
Only specific individuals can obtain a vital record. They are:
- The subject of legal age
- The parents of the subject
- A sibling of legal age with proof of relationship
- The spouse, domestic partner, civil union partner, the child or grandchild of legal age showing proof of relationship
- The legal guardian or legal representative with court documentation
For all certified copies, proper identification is required. A valid photo driver's license showing your current address and signature or two of the following documents must be provided:
- A non-photo driver's license
- A vehicle registration
- A vehicle insurance card
- A County ID
- A passport, voter registration, school id or utility bill received within the last three months
Forms can be found on the Forms and Applications page.